The Sustainability Committee will kick-off its first meeting on March 26, 2020, 12nn to 2pm at AmCham Hall. We are honored to have Ms. Jill Boughton, who founded Waste2Worth Project and revolutionize the use of solid waste as a resource.
As a backgrounder, the Committee was launched last August 15, 2019 at Conrad Hotel and showcased the efforts and initiatives of various AmCham member companies. The committee aims to address the following:
- Serve as a venue for collaboration and collecting efforts of sustainable business operations
- Support the development of sustainable programs of AmCham members
- Create a sustainably-aware culture and forward-looking environment across all industries of AmCham membership
AmCham desires to accomplish the following goals at the end of the year:
- Contribute in instilling the value of sustainability in AmCham members’ business operations.
- Call to Action – We are stronger if we are collective thus will make our voice the strongest to call out and reach out to more people about the importance of sustainability. The committee endeavors to fulfill this by hosting events, forums, seminar, and roundtable discussions to promote and raise awareness of the value of sustainability not just on business but to the society at large.
- Craft a position paper – To concretize collective efforts, the committee shall create this for dissemination to public, private, and civil society.