- Announcement Number: Manila-2020-055
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Manila
- Position Title: Agricultural Specialist – All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 06/30/2020 – 07/15/2020
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+8
- Series/Grade: LE – 1515 11
- Annual Salary: PHP ₱1,392,681
- Work Schedule: Full-time
- Promotion Potential: LE-11
- Duty Location(s): 2 in Manila, RP
- Telework Eligible: No
Position serves as an expert and experienced advisor and assistant to the Agricultural Counselor with respect to Philippine agricultural production, import regulations, customs and quarantine issues and trade policy. This includes supply and demand for agricultural commodities covered, reporting to the Agricultural Counselor (AO) for the Office of Agricultural Affairs (OAA) in the complex and expanding Philippine market for agricultural, forestry and fishery products. As such, the incumbent is expected to possess a full and comprehensive understanding of both Philippine and U.S. agricultural production situation; finalize a full range of comprehensive annual commodity reports for public distribution with minimal supervision; draft and submit voluntary alert reports as judged necessary; and, possess a complete understanding of the Philippine agricultural production, supply and demand situation for the full range of domestic and imported commodities; provide advice to other U.S. government agencies (USTR, State and USDA APHIS, FSIS), U.S. cooperator commodity groups, U.S. exporters, Philippine importers and end-users; maintain a wide range of senior contacts in both the government and private sector; including news media, to obtain information.
- Experience: At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in one or more fields of agriculture, agricultural business, agricultural trade, economic analysis, or market analysis that includes significant analysis and report writing is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture, or Business Administration is required.
- Language: Level 4 Fluent (Reading/Writing/Speaking) in English and Tagalolg languages is required. This may be tested.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong ability to 1) plan, organize and manage programs for obtaining and reporting critical market information and intelligence on agricultural products; 2) interpret and inter-relate developments in the areas of agricultural production, policy, marketing and analysis to the political, economic and sociological forces at work in the Philippines and the region; 3) prepare analytical reports and evaluations of the impact and success of various production policies and programs; 4) develop and maintain an extensive range of high and middle level contacts in government, industry, academe and media; 5) render advice with detachment and objectivity, employing sound professional judgement; and, 6) train and supervise contractors, subordinate employees and temporary hires. Proficiency in computer skills to draft and finalize reports and correspondence, develop databases and prepare statistical analyses and presentations. Must have the ability to develop, recommend and implement new and innovative approaches, procedures and/or guidelines consistent with U.S. Government regulations and internal SOPs to improve working environment or situation.