Communications and Marketing Manager
The Communications and Marketing Manager will develop and implement a robust communication plan for the Chamber and its departments to promote the Chamber, its missions and programs. He or she will work with all departments to advance their programs and projects by helping create marketing communication materials, including advertising and social media. He or she will also supervise all public/media relations and community relations activities.
Overall Communications: Manage a team and ensure daily operations of the department; Oversee daily communications schedule.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the strategic communications and marketing plans.
- Ensure smooth coordination between and amongst all chamber departments on communications deliverables.
- In-charge for the creation of annual reports and budget of the department.
- And other special assignment as needed for the department
Publications (online and hardcopy):
- Send out the weekly AmCham in Action (event summary report)
- Send out the bi-weekly Membership and Corporate Partnerships Bulletin.
- Working closely with the Publications Committee to produce a monthly AmCham Business Journal (ABJ); Work closely with the contributors; Can write articles for AmCham as needed.
- Oversee the creation of Annual Membership Directory.
- Oversee marketing materials including brochures, invitations and programs for the various departments, programs, activities and events for BLP, Special meetings/activities, Foundation, etc.
Online Media Platforms:
Communications Platform: GlueUp and Mailchimp
- In-charge for the management of the communication platform; Ensure accuracy and completeness of communications database; Work closely with Membership and Committees and Industry Relations Departments in updating the database,
- Oversee and ensure committee events and activities schedule are sent and followed.
- Manages the graphic design manager, ensuring effective creative execution.
- Assist in conducting membership and events survey using the platform.
- Produce and execute social media plans and activities.
- Provide daily updates for our social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (pre, during, post activities); Create content and oversee social media platforms activities
- Oversee social media calendar schedule especially for paid content and advertisements
- Produce monthly social media report as needed.
- In-charge for the website contents and re-designs; Ensure contents are up to date and features are functional.
- Ensure website sponsorship commitments are met.
- Oversee website performance and maintenance.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly website reports are produced as needed.
Media and Community Relations:
- Develop and execute a Chamber media relations plan that includes press releases, press events, photo-coverage requests, and ongoing communications/relationship building with members of the media.
- Provide media with newsworthy and timely feature story ideas as appropriate about new businesses and members of the Chamber as needed.
- Build relationships and coordinate efforts with public relations/marketing personnel from other major community partners and members.
Marketing and Advertising:
- Produce marketing and promotional contents and materials for AmCham in promoting its services and activities.
- Oversee and ensure paid member advertising materials are scheduled and followed.
- Provide marketing and advertising reach reports as needed.
- Research and create documents and special reports for AmCham as needed.
- Provide oversight, editing and/or proofreading assistance to staff as needed.
- Special writings, including grant writing, letters, and reports as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director office and other departments in writing sensitive writing, economic development proposals, speeches, fact sheets, position statements, etc.
- Conduct periodic membership surveys using web-based technology. Help analyze results and potential impact on programs, events, and activities.
- And do other related tasks and duties assigned/needed for the position.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in external communications or marketing.
- Background working in business association, community development, public affairs, or advocacy strongly preferred.
- Sound understanding of Websites, Social Media and Information Marketing;
- Excellent writing and business communication skills. Must be comfortable in using online systems such as Google applications (Google Sheets, Forms, Docs, and Drive).
- Comprehensive experience in Graphic Design, with Advance knowledge in using various design software and systems.
- Basic to Advance knowledge in website development and maintenance. Knowledge in Wix and/or other Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) and eCommerce systems will be an advantage.
- Should have excellent English writing skills, including experience in writing press releases, corporate brochures, event announcements, newsletters, marketing materials, speeches etc.; and
- Must have an expertise in web page enhancement and knowledge of social-media trends. Experience as a Community Manager for Corporate Social Media Accounts is an advantage.
Please email a copy of your resume with a recent ID picture to email@example.com with “Communications and Marketing Manager” in the subject line and a short cover email message of application. The interested applicant must be available to start work as soon as possible.